Thursday, January 8, 2009

rare photos...

it isn't very often that the photographer gets photographed. only on very rare occasions, like birthdays, when they reluctantly had over their camera to someone else, so that the moment can be recorded. then the photographer reluctantly posts them on the blog, so that people can see that they actually had a birthday. (that and i had a specific request, scott...) i did decide not to post the photo of the oh-so-cheesy grin as they were singing happy birthday to me. sorry to disappoint...

but hans did take some photos that i will share.


here's the cake...blue, sparkly and the inside was chocolate....mmmm.....hans did a good job picking it out. he has made me a cake before, they aren't always store bought.


me, blowing out the candles....once again, hans did a good job by not putting 29 candles on the cake...he's so nice about birthdays...




it wasn't a huge bash, but it was fun. my father-in-law (steve, in the jeans) and his wife (linda, you can see her leg), along with my step-uncle-in-law (my father-in-law's wife's brother) (scott, in the white shirt)and his wife (janet, in the red shirt) all came for cake and ice cream. in this photo, you can see the new floor (no more carpet!!) and the really nice view that we have. you can't really see all the guests, but its the only photo that hans took of everyone. also, check out the table that i designed and hans built, pretty sweet, huh? you can even see the John Deere Green house in town! well, just barely, look close!

after cake and ice cream, steve and linda headed back to the ranch, because the cows don't really care if anyone is having a birthday. but scott and janet stayed. we talked a lot (even about avon and janet made her first purchase!! she'll be hooked in no time!!) then we headed to the local pizza place for a birthday dinner. what?? you're confused that we had dessert first? well, on my birthday that is the way things go! sorry mom, you weren't here, so we did it my way! it works out really well too. because you aren't too full to eat cake and all that sugar leaves you hungry after a while, then after dinner no one is too full for cake or too tired. you really must try dessert first....at least on your birthday.

it was a great day. and just so no one has any misunderstanding about my birthday, is after my birthday, i just decide to celebrate my birthmonth. it pretty much works out like this every year. hans is very understanding about birthmonths. and if you've never had a birthmonth, i highly recommend it, like dessert first....

7 comments:

  1. I think that in 2009, I will make my family celebrate a birth year! lol.

    I'm so jealous of your view. Even if there weren't houses in my line of sight, all I'd ever see is corn.

    And that table is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to ditto the comments from marybt. I also want to say that you are looking GREAT Diana! What beautiful long hair you have! Katie said that you are looking great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair is re-dunc-ulous-ly long!!! Wow...I can't grow mine past my shoulders...ever. I get too bored and then cut it all off :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mary-
    birth year! that's awesome!! check out the corn blog...
    hans was all a twitter when you commented on his table! you really made his day!

    jill-
    thanks so much!! i'm glad you can notice in the photos!

    famdam-
    yup, totally crazy long. but pretty much as long as i had it at the end of high school. when you live in a little town and work on a ranch, where no one cares what your hair looks like, cutting and styling your hair really just goes out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking that the hair HAD to be wig or something... but I guess not from the comments here. Holy crap, Diana! And curly- I had NOT expected curly. Looks like you had a great "birthmonth". Love the table, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nicci-
    nope, not a wig...just my hair when i don't dry it. it has gotten a little curlier lately...i think it is cuz i quit drying it unless i absolutely have to. and my birthmonth isn't over yet!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chapman, Nebraska. What a lovely place that must be! It may be a little bitty town, but I'm sure it's full of great things.
    The Chapmans

    ReplyDelete