Wednesday, January 7, 2009

birthday, birthday!! and official grand opening of my blog!!

it is official! welcome to my blog! i hope you like it!

today is also my 29th birthday. if you love me, you should thank my mom and dad today, they are pretty good parents. especially my mom. her labor was short, but i was born at 3:30 am, so she didn't get much sleep that night and i'm sure for the next few months too. i cried a lot as a baby (sorry mom!) so she spent the next year holding me almost constantly. i don't cry as much now, although i do like being held still....hey, blame my mom, she spoiled me early!

i was trying to think of a good picture to post today and its kind of hard to decide...for my birthday hans' dad is giving me an online photo class, which i am very excited to sign up for. and hans gave me a speedlight (woot!) i guess he really wants me to take those inside pictures at the bull sale! i have no idea how to use it, yet, but i'm excited and i've already played around with it. so there should be many, many more photos posted on here!

so my christmas cacti bloomed right at christmas this year (like magic!) i really like these photos and i played around in photoshop a little bit....


here's the sooc (straight out of camera) i like it, my camera just shoots a little on the cool side.


so i warmed it up a bit...so bright and beautiful...

then i did this...not as bright, but i think it is a neat...

here's the next on sooc, i like this one a lot, just the way it is.


but i played with it too, just for fun.

so, there's a few more things on here for everyone to check out. i really hope you like it and please come back often! leave comments!! (i love comments!!)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Your photos are amazing! Teach me your ways! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Just wait till you're 30...you will feel old and out of shape : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!
    Your Blog is fabulous. I read the whole thing. And the photos! I had no idea you were doing photography. You're really good! I especially like the cows one.
    Anyway, hope all is well!
    Love you!!! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow thats some awsome work with da flowers... i like the first one a lot where u "warmed it up"... makes ya feel all fuzzy inside when u look at it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Happppppppppppppppyyyyyyy Birthddddddddaaayyyyy! Sorry that I wasn't able to wish it to you yesterday- I'm down in Tennessee visiting my family. I hope you had a wonderful day and will have an amazing wonderful year. :) I think it's already off to a great start with the photog blog- I'm so glad to have a place to go for your photography. Love you!!! Nicci

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.mama-
    girl, you have skills! i know i don't need to teach you anything! your blog is full of videos, which i'm a long ways from doing!

    hmmk-
    thanks!! i love and miss you too!

    stephen-
    yeah, warming up the photo really helps my pics look so much better.

    nicci-
    no worries about missing my bday, i always celebrate the whole month anyways!! love you too!!

    ReplyDelete